In February 2014, the Erasmus + agreement between the European Union and Switzerland was suspended. In this time, Swiss higher education institutions couldn’t benefit from this program. For students who wish to benefit from Swiss Mobility, the grant is provided by the Swiss Government.
You must apply to benefit the program. Also there are some criterias you need to have with this application. You will join the English Language Proficiency Exam with Erasmus+ Mobility candidate students. If you get nominated, you can start to study for 1 or 2 semester at partner university.
• The interim solution for E+ for higher education is called the Swiss-European Mobility Programme and follows the principles of Erasmus+;
• Student mobility for studies and staff mobility for teaching are based on inter-institutional agreements between Swiss and European Higher Education Institutions (HEIs);
• Swiss HEIs can apply for Swiss funding for the purpose of outgoing and incoming mobility activities (key action 1) with any Erasmus+ programme country. The grants for incoming mobilities will be paid to the ultimate beneficiaries by Swiss HEIs;
• Eligible activities for funding include all types of mobility: for study (SMS) or traineeships (SMT), for teachers (STA) and staff (STT). Traineeships in Switzerland can only be funded if they are coordinated by a Swiss partner HEI.
Opportunities for students at ABU;
• Discover another Swiss region with a different language and culture
• Enhance their language skills
• Benefit from a greater variety of courses
• Make new contacts and friends
• Experience a new learning environment.