Erasmus+ Staff Mobility, which is a part of the Erasmus+ Programme, allows faculty and staff members to carry out a period of teaching or training at a partner university or a company in Europe.
University staff can participate in two strands of Erasmus+;
- Erasmus+ Staff Training
- Erasmus+ Staff Teaching
Staff training is an option for all staff, and can involve teaching or non-teaching staff:
• Going to another Higher Education Institution which holds a standard Erasmus+ University Charter
• Going to an enterprise
Within the broad objective of staff training this action encompasses three types of mobility:
• Mobility of staff of a higher education institution going to an enterprise.
The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to learn by transfer of knowledge or knowhow and to acquire practical skills. The activities can be very varied: language training, seminars, workshops, courses and conferences. These types of activities should not represent the majority of total Erasmus+ funded training days. Formal periods of practical training, short secondments, etc. should account for the majority of the activities carried out.
• Mobility of administrative and other non-teaching staff from a higher education institution going to a partner higher education institution.
The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to learn from the experiences and good practices of a partner institution and to improve the skills required for their current job. The main activity is a short stay in the partner institution that may include a short secondment period, job-shadowing scheme, study visit, etc.
• Mobility of teaching staff in a higher education institution going to a partner institution for the purpose of receiving training.
• The activities may include language training, seminars, workshops, courses and conferences. For each Higher Education Institution these training activities should not represent the majority of training days for staff participating in Erasmus+ staff training. Formal periods of practical training, short secondments, etc. should account for the majority of the activities carried out.
• Training activities can be to one of our partner universities in Europe and this is a recommended good place to start.
Depending on your area of work, many universities offer International Staff Training Weeks which offers an opportunity to follow a fixed training programme and benefit from opportunities to meet with colleagues from many other universities in related fields at the same time. Please contact Erasmus Office for further information.
• The duration of the training period should be from 2 working days up to 8 weeks. There is an obligation to participate at least 2 days of training activities at the host institution to be able to eligible for funding.
Weekends or holidays falling in the period of the stay abroad are not considered for support, unless they are used as working or travel days. In such cases the work plan should demonstrate that training activities have been undertaken for the period reported.
Teaching mobility can be undertaken:
• a) to a Higher Education Institution which holds Erasmus+ University Charter and with which a valid Inter-Institutional Agreement is in place.
• b) by incoming staff of an enterprise invited to ABU to undertake teaching activities.
There is an obligation to deliver at least 8 hours of teaching (i.e. at least two days). A minimum duration of 2 working days is strongly recommended to provide a meaningful contribution to the teaching programme and international academic life at the host institution. Shorter periods should be exceptional. The maximum duration is 8 weeks.
For teaching periods of 2 days or less weekends or holidays falling in the period of the stay abroad are not usually considered for support, unless they are used as travel or working days. In such cases the teaching programme should demonstrate that teaching activities have been undertaken for the period reported.
Teaching exchanges must be to one of ABU’s current exchange partners in your subject area with whom we have a valid Inter-Institutional Agreement for teaching mobility. Please check the agreement which we have from our website